Fish code 155805
- 1 pack scallops (about eight)
- 30g/1oz butter
- 2 medium carrots, cut into fine strips
- 3 sticks celery, cut into fine strips
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 55g/2oz fine green beans, topped, tailed and cut in half
- 2-3 tbsp dry white wine
- 2-3 tbsps double cream
- Salt and pepper
- A scallop is shaped like a thick disc. Cut in half to make two thinner discs.
- Melt the butter in a shallow pan, add the carrots, celery and onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the green beans and the wine and simmer until the vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in the scallops and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Using a draining spoon transfer the vegetables and scallops to a warm serving plate.
- Reduce the cooking liquor to a few tablespoons, stir in the cream and season to taste.
- Cook until piping hot, spoon over the scallops and vegetables and serve immediately.