Sea Trout Parcel
- 500g (1lb 2oz) puff pastry
- 1 egg
- 30g (1oz) melted butter
- 60g (2oz) basmati rice
- 190g (8oz) mixed mushrooms
- 1 onion
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 700g sea trout fillet steaks
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 hard boiled eggs shelled & chopped
- Cook rice with turmeric in salted water.
- Skin the sea trout fillets and chop roughly into one inch pieces.
- Cook onion in butter until tender, add mushrooms and cook for further 3 mins, mix with rice, fish, herbs and hard boiled eggs.
- Roll out pastry to 35cm x 45cms (14” x18”) Transfer to lightly greased baking sheet. Put filling on centre. Lift sides of pastry around it, brush the edges with beaten egg and join edges together.
- Turn parcel over, so join is underneath, brush pastry with beaten egg, and make 4 cuts across to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown