Simple Abalone Stir-Fry
Starter for 2-4
- 200-400g abalone (incl shell)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g/4oz sliced mushrooms (preferably a little out of the ordinary)
- Remove the abalone from its shell by running a thin-bladed knife around the inside of the shell.
- Clean and trim meat, then cut into slices about 1cm thick.
- The abalone slices must be tenderised - beat gently with the flat side of a meat tenderiser or rolling pin.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat, add mushrooms and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add abalone slices, cook for about 30 seconds on each side. Do not overcook or it will become very tough.
- Serve immediately with a fresh green salad.