Skate with Orange and Mint Sauce
- 4 portions of skate wing
- 425ml/¾ pt fish stock
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh mint
- Rind and juice of 1 orange
- 1-2 tsp cornflour
- Place the skate wings in a large pan, pour over the stock. Cover and poach for 10 minutes.
- Remove fish from the stock, keep warm. Reserve 6 tablespoons of the cooking liquor.
- For the sauce: Heat the oil in a pan; cook the onion until soft and transparent; add the mint, orange juice and rind.
- Blend the cornflour with a little water, add to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the reserved fish stock.