Smoked Eel and Broad Bean Salad
Serves 4 as a starter
If fresh broad beans are unavailable, use frozen, but not tinned.
- One sachet smoked eel fillet, cut into 7cm / 3in strips
- 150ml / 5fl oz vinaigrette
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce or grain mustard
- 275g / 10oz cooked and shelled broad beans
- Mixed salad leaves
- Mix one tbsp of vinaigrette with a few drops of lemon juice and season. This will be used to flavour the salad leaves.
- Warm the remaining dressing and flavour with the horseradish sauce or grain mustard. Add the broad beans and warm through.
- Toss the salad leaves in the dressing, then arrange them on plates.
- Sit the smoked eel strips on top, then spoon over broad bean dressing.