Smoked haddock with Savoy cabbage and mustard sauce
- 300-400g smoked haddock, skinned
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 2 large handfuls savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 50g/2oz butter
- 2 heaped tbsp Dijon mustard
- Boil the potato chunks in the stock for 6 minutes, then add the cabbage and a knob of butter, stir, cover and simmer gently for a further 4 minutes.
- Lay the haddock on top of the cabbage and potatoes, cover and leave to steam for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the the mustard sauce: melt the butter and whisk in the mustard with a splash of water and season.
- When haddock is cooked, remove from panand remove the skin carefully. keeping the fish as intact as possible. Keep warm. Mash the potato and cabbage together in the pan with the pan juices. Scoop mash onto plates, sit the haddock on top and pour over sauce.