The classic French recipe.
- 4 fillets Dover sole
- 6 tbsps plain flour
- 3 tbsps olive/sunflower oil
- 75g butter
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsps small capers or freshly chopped parsley
- Sift flour into a large shallow bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Dredge fillets through flour. Shake off excess.
- Get the oil hot in a large frying pan. Add fillets and cook for 2 mins. Turn fillets over (you will need a very large fish slice or two small ones). Cook other side for 1-2 mins.
- Remove the fish to a warmed plate and cover. Turn heat down to medium. Wipe the pan with kitchen paper then return to heat and add the butter. When it begins to brown, add lemon juice and capers/parsley. Stir in. Spoon sauce over fish and serve immediately.