Spaghetti Alla Bottarga
- Approx 50g bottarga (probably the Sardinian kind, or powder if available)
- 400g spaghetti
- 1 garlic clove
- Knob of butter
- Handful of chopped parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook spaghetti as directed.
- Pound the garlic clove. Grate in 40g of bottarga and pound some more. Blend in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a pan, melt a knob of butter. Add the bottarga mixture and gently warm through for a minute. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Drain the pasta reserving a tablespoon of the cooking water for the sauce. Add the sauce and stir in the parsley. Dress with olive oil and grate remaining bottarga over.