Spaghetti con Vongole
- 200g shelled clams or 700g whole clams or more if you're feeling generous. If using whole clams, folllow on pack instructions. Open each clam with a twist of a knife.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- half a can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 glass white wine
- salt and pepper
- 200g (7 oz) spaghetti
- 15g (1/2 oz) butter
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Boil a pan of hot water for the spaghetti. Add a tiny amount of oil.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook onion and garlic over a low heat for 7 minutes.
- When pan 1 boils, add spaghetti.
- Add tomatoes, white wine and seasoning to pan 2. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the clams and stir through. Time against the spahetti - they will need a max of 8 minutes.
- When spaghetti is ready, drain it and add a little melted butter.
- Combine spahghett with clam sauce and parsley.