Fish code 100655
Dead easy - and very tasty! The potatoes come out quite crisp. If you don't fancy that, you could boil the slices for about 3-4 minutes.
- 4 whole mackerel (or 8 fillets)
- 3 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 150g/6 oz red onions quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bouquet garni
- Pinch of saffron
- 150ml/ 1/4 pt dry white wine
- 300ml/1/2 pt water
- 2tbsp chopped chives
- Oil a large oven-proof dish and spread potatoes on the bottom.
- Add all other ingredients, and put fish on top.
- Put in pre-heated oven at 200C/400F/Gas 6 for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve sprinkled with chives together with hot crusty bread and green salad.