Squid in a wok
- 450g/1 lb cleaned squid tubes
- A little dry sherry
- 150ml/5 fl oz fish or chicken stock
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Set two pans of water to boil, put a dish in your oven to warm, and cut the squid into rings. As the two pans of water are coming to the boil, add the oil to your wok and set it on the hottest setting.
- When the water is boiling, first get your rice going in one pan then toss the squid into the other pan for 2 minutes.
- Remove the squid, pat it dry and then stir-fry in the wok for 3 minutes. Now put it into the dish in your oven.
- Add the vegetables, ginger and sherry to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes, then add the stock and stir for another 2 minutes.
- If you got the timing right, your rice should now be ready. Pour the sauce over the squid, drain the rice and serve.