Stir Fry Asian Prawns & Veg
Recipe shared by Fish Society member Mandeep Khasriya
- 16-18 prawns, preferably shelled
- 250g-300g Pak Choi depending on how greeny you would like this dish, more or less is no matter
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 red chillies (2 if you aren’t a fan of chilli)
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 green onions
Prepare the prawns by defrosting them ahead of time and deshelling, leave to side.
2. Prepare oil in pan and get warm.
3. Chop chilli, green onion, lemongrass and add to the frying pan together.
4. Once the ginger begins to become fragrant and sizzle, add the prawns.
5. Let prawns cook and ensure you mix throughout cooking, allowing the rest of the ingredients to coat the prawns often.
6. Once prawns are cooked (firm to the touch and shifted in colour), add the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
7. After a few minutes, having continually basted the prawns and everything is fragrant, add the greens.
8. Mix until the greens are wilted and then dish up!
This recipe is adapted from Nigel Slater.