Surprise Tuna Parcels
- 4 tuna steaks
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 50g/2oz plain flour
- 3-4 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Zest of lemon, finely grated
- Few drops of pepper sauce
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 700g/1½ lb frozen puff pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten, to glaze
- Heat oven to 190C.
- Flake and marinate tuna in olive oil and season. Leave for approx 1 hour.
- Melt butter in pan, fry the onion for 2 to 3 mins until soft, stir in flour.
- Pour in the marinade from steaks until sauce has a thick consistency.
- Stir in parsley, lemon zest, pepper sauce and seasoning.
- Cut and roll four pieces of pastry on a lightly floured surface until a suitable size. Spoon sauce mixture onto half of each rectangle. put the tuna on top. Fold over the pastry to form a parcel. Seal well with the beaten egg, flute the edges and make a hole in the top for steam to escape. Glaze top with egg.
- Bake on a lightly greased baking tray in oven for about 25 mins or until well risen and golden.