Tapas of Piquillo Peppers stuffed with White Tuna
It’s easy to re-create a classic Basque tapas dish by combining this delicate belly of tuna with a simple lemon and onion mayonnaise, served inside sweet and spicy red roasted peppers.
- 1 can ventresca de bonito tuna
- ¼ small onion
- 15ml (1 tbsp) mayonnaise
- 5ml (1 tsp) lemon juice
- 2.5ml (½ tsp) freshly ground black pepper
- 6 piquillo peppers
- 6 slices fresh white baton bread
- 3 chive stems
- Drain and flake the tuna. Chop the onion finely and gently mix with the tuna in a bowl before adding the mayonnaise, lemon juice and black pepper.
- Drain the piquillo pepper, then stuff with the mixture.
- Place each pepper on to a slice of bread.
- Garnish with a couple of chive cuttings.