Zander with onion and paprika
- 2 zander steaks
- 60ml/3 fl oz dry white wine
- 200ml/8 fl oz fish stock
- 150g/6 oz onions
- 50g/2oz butter
- ½ tsp paprika
- 130ml/4 fl oz cream
- 25g/1 oz fresh white breadcrumbs, toasted
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté onions with half the butter and a little water until soft and transparent. Keep warm.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper and place in pan. Add wine and stock, cover and simmer until fish is cooked (about ten minutes). Remove fish and keep warm.
- Add the paprika to the fish stock, turn up heat and reduce the volume by three quarters.
- Put steaks in grill pan. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Dot with remaining butter. Grill under a high heat until golden brown.
- Whilst that is happening, add the cream to the sauce. Stir in. Season to taste.
- To serve, place onion mixture on plate and arrange steaks on top. Serve sauce separately.