- 6 king scallops per pack - choose with or without roe (coral)
- Great when pan-fried
- 2-3 scallops for a starter, 3-4 scallops for a main
Big and gorgeously sweet Scottish scallops. They are dredged and then hand-shucked by professionals on the quayside. There are 6 scallops in each pack. Try cooking them with chorizo or garlic, chili, and butter. You can choose to have these scallops with or without their vivid orange roe (also known as coral), which is edible. The roe has a stronger taste which, in my opinion, goes well with the scallop meat, but this is down to personal preference. They are sashimi grade scallops so if you're feeling adventurous, give them a try raw.
How you've been using our King Scallops...
- "This was the first time I had cooked scallops so I was hoping to do them justice. The package was in perfect condition on arrival. Defrosted in the fridge and cooked to perfection in butter. Really lovely, with a touch of lemon. Will be buying again."
- "Ours had coral - lots of it - and it was especially delicious. Lovely big juicy scallops, and the simple recipe in the catalogue was just right"
- "Absolutely superb quality, taste and excellent delivery as always. Will be buying again when available. I cooked them with the addition of the high-quality garlic butter also supplied by The Fish Society."
Sustainability - Our rating 7/10
A sustainable choice scallop from the only MSC certified sustainable king scallop fishery in Europe. It gets a 7, not higher, as hand-dived scallops are the best choice for sustainable scallops.
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£3.50|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|
Linguine with Scallops Recipe