- Each pack contains two skinless, boneless steaks
- We recommend frying or grilling them in some butter
- A 350g pack would be enough for two avergage main meals
These steaks are cut from the middle of large skate wings, so they are a little thicker. Since skate don't have any small bones, there is no danger of coming across any bones in these steaks. Some species has tiny black filaments in the surface of their flesh, which look like worms, but are in fact part of its nervous system. You can just scrape them off your fish once you're done cooking it. Simply defrost them and fry in a little bit of butter and serve with some salad and asparagus for a delicious light meal.
How you've been using our skate wings...
- "Delivered in perfect frozen condition. Just grilled with butter. Delicious!"
- "These skate steaks are amazing. Have fried in butter and used browned butter as a dressing. Have also egg and crumbed them -delicious! Keep reordering - must be good!!"
- "Fabulous skate steaks , meaty and delicious taste , again I cooked them very simply in a seasoned flour and shallow fried in butter and oil . Great quality. Will order again. "
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£2.50|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|
Skate Wing with Brown Butter
Source: Helen Rennie