- Each pack contains a pair of hot smoked, vacuum packed roes
- Makes a superior taramasalata.
- Also delicious slice by very thin slice
Smoked cod roe has an intense smokey flavour and is quite salty. Ours comes from Iceland, where the best roes are selected for this showpiece item. They have been hot smoked and so are ready to eat once defrosted. A little goes a long way. Try a thin slice on brown toast or make your own taramasalata. Our packs normally comprise a pair of lobes. Here's Nigel Slater in Fukuoka getting excited about smoked cod roe. Once defrosted and opened, the cod roe will last in the fridge for 10 days.
How you've been using our smoked cod roe...
- "Beautiful stuff: firm, a lovely colour, and a splendid flavour. Made my first batch of Taramasalata - good, but can see how to improve the way I did it. The roe would probably be more of a delicacy standing gloriously alone, so will try that with the other half."
- "This was a bit of a trip down memory lane, as a favourite of my mother’s on toast and was not disappointed. I made the most amazing taramosalata with the remainder and never buying it ready made again!"
- "Delivery was within 24 hours. The packaging was admirable. The cod's roe was perfect for making taramosalata."
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£3.50|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|
Smoked Cod Roe Taramasalata with Crudités
This classic Turkish and Greek recipe is made with smoked cod roe and unlike any store bought varieties as it has a creamy beige colour - as well as tasting fantastic!Read More