Smoked cod roe has an intense smokey flavour and is quite salty. Our smoked cod roe is smoked by an expert smokehouse in the heart of the Sussex downs using the finest Icelandic cod roes. A little goes a long way. Try a thin slice on garlic bread, or make your own taramasalata. Our packs normally comprise of either one whole lobe or a pair of lobes. Here's Nigel Slater in Fukuoka getting excited about smoked cod roe.
- Icelandic cod roe
- Great for making taramasalata.
- Smoked in Sussex, UK
- Great for eating on toast
- Hot smoked and ready to eat
Featured customer reviews
- "I've always found The Fish Society excellent and extremely reliable, delivering very good quality produce exactly when it's been asked for. The smoked cod roe I had last week was outstanding."
- "Brilliant smoked cod’s roe - absolutely delicious - thoroughly recommend! Arrived still perfectly frozen!"
- "We really love Taramasalata made with this smoked cod roe, it is nothing like that you can buy in the supermarkets in taste/flavour and appearance. It's not bright pink for a start! Makes a decent quantity and keeps well in the fridge."
Cod roe, salt.
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|
Smoked Roe Taramasalata with Purple Sprouting Broccoli dip