Smoked cod roe has an intense smokey flavour and is quite salty. Our smoked cod roe is smoked by an expert smokehouse in the heart of the Sussex downs using the finest Icelandic cod roes. A little goes a long way. Try a thin slice on garlic bread, or make your own taramasalata. Our packs normally comprise of either one whole lobe or a pair of lobes. Here's Nigel Slater in Fukuoka getting excited about smoked cod roe.
- Icelandic cod roe
- Great for making taramasalata.
- Smoked in Sussex, UK
- Great for eating on toast
- Hot smoked and ready to eat
Featured customer reviews
- "I've always found The Fish Society excellent and extremely reliable, delivering very good quality produce exactly when it's been asked for. The smoked cod roe I had last week was outstanding."
- "Brilliant smoked cod’s roe - absolutely delicious - thoroughly recommend! Arrived still perfectly frozen!"
- "We really love Taramasalata made with this smoked cod roe, it is nothing like that you can buy in the supermarkets in taste/flavour and appearance. It's not bright pink for a start! Makes a decent quantity and keeps well in the fridge."