- Each pack contains 1 - 2 smoked eel on the bone steaks, depending on the size of the steaks
- Try broiling them in a shoyu soy sauce with brown sugar and mirin and serving with some rice and miso soup
- A 320g pack would serve and average sized main course for two
These on the bone steaks are sourced from a supplier that is part of the Sustainable Eel Group. Eel is a rare treat these days and is absolutely delicious. These steaks are perfect for serving with a parsley and horseradish ceam and salad.
How you've been using our smoked eel on the bone steaks...
- "Had these for lunch today, nice smoke,very moist and meaty."
- " Wasn't sure on how it would taste since I've never had eel before but I will definitely recommend this. Tastes great with some passata and noodles."
- "I bought the smoked eel for hubby’s birthday. He is an ex fisherman, who used to smoke his own eels. He said your eel was nearly as good as the ones he used to do. Believe me that is a huge compliment. I thought it was delicious."
Smoked eel, salt
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£2.50|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|