- Each pack contains one skin on, whole fillet
- Try making a smoked haddock and leek risotto
- A 300g fillet would be enough to serve two average sized main courses
Smoked haddock is one of our finest and most popular lines. These are large undyed fillets from a historic smokery in Grimsby and the quality is superb. They don't use any unnatural additives or dyes that you might recognise in cheaper more colourful supermarket smoked haddock. Ours has a mellow straw-like colour and a smooth oak-smoked aroma. They look as stunning as they taste, but we also offer this item more conveniently in steaks. We have been buying smoked haddock from this totally reliable supplier for 25 years. Grimsby smoked fish is internationally recognised and is a Protected Geographical Indication, just like champagne from Champagne in France (Brexit update - PGI will become just "GI"). One fillet per pack.
How you've been using our smoked haddock whole fillet...
- "Many years ago when I lived in my native Scotland, a breakfast or teatime treat was a generous steak of real smoked haddock. Unfortunately, the ersatz stuff from supermarkets did not fit the bill but the place to which I had moved provided only this poor imitation: then I found The Fish Society. Now I am once again eating top-quality smoked haddock. So THANK YOU."
- "Good size nice smoke well packed and presented"
- "Really enjoyed the whole smoked haddock fillet, an exceptionally good size and very tasty, even my grandson who is not a great fish lover enjoyed it, I will certainly be buying more of this."
All smoked fish contains added salt. Does not contain dye.
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£3.40|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|
Smoked Haddock & Spinach Baked Eggs | Gordon Ramsay