- Each pack contains 100g (3 -4 pieces) or 200g (6 - 7 pieces) of thinly sliced smoked halibut.
- Try them simply on a piece of toast or a cracker
- If you're serving it as an appetiser, you would need between 50 - 100g per person
Our farmed halibut supplier, Gigha, recently started to smoke its own fish. The result is superb. It is thrilling to quote Alain Roux of the Waterside Inn: "I am a complete convert to Gigha smoked halibut. I recently offered this to guests attending The Waterside Inn’s 40th birthday party and it very quickly vanished. There can be no greater compliment than that from 300 of my best customers who I believe all have a very discerning palette!’ They also have very nice things to say about it at Cliveden, The Connaught, Le Manoir and Scott’s. This item comes in a vac packed sachet of slices - just like smoked salmon. The flesh is a cool white. It makes an exciting accompaniment or alternative to smoked salmon.
How you've been using our smoked halibut...
- "This is a beautiful change from other smoked fish. The flavour is so clean and fresh."
- "A delicacy. Mouthwatering flavour with a fairly meaty texture that at the same time melted in the mouth. This is too good a taste and flavour to mix with anything else, just eat as it is. Truly delicious."
- "Looks wonderful - beautifully sliced and good colour. Saving for Christmas treat!!"
halibut, salt, sugar
UK- dpd - Courier
|Saturday & Sunday||+£2.50|
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
UK Royal Mail - Only tins & Jars
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|