- Whitefish with a mild, subtle flavour
- Considered one of the finest white-fleshed fish in Japanese cuisine
- Good for times of celebration, such as weddings or in the New Year
- Prepared using fine wild-caught New Zealand snapper
- 1 pack contains 70g of Tai
A very popular type of sashimi in Japan, the name Tai is given to a range of high-quality snappers and breams. Our snapper sashimi strips are prepared using wild-caught New Zealand snapper. The snapper that we use is part of the bream family and has a similar taste and texture. The strips are cut into rectangular shapes to make it easy to cut across them horizontally to prepare mouthful sized strips.