How To Make Prawn Pil Pil
Prawn Pil Pil, also known as Gambas al Pil Pil, is a classic Spanish dish that is beloved for its bold flavors and simplicity. This dish consists of prawns cooked in a garlic and chili-infused oil, resulting in a delicious and spicy seafood dish that is perfect for sharing.
To make Prawn Pil Pil, you will need the following ingredients:
500g large prawns, shells and heads removed
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2-3 small red chilies, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Crusty bread, to serve
- In a large, oven-safe skillet or cazuela, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and chili and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the prawns to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are pink and cooked through.
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika and ground cumin over the prawns, stirring to coat them evenly.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil on high for 1-2 minutes, until the oil is sizzling and the prawns are lightly charred.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and season the prawns with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve the Prawn Pil Pil immediately, with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the delicious oil.
Enjoy this classic Spanish dish with family and friends as a tasty appetizer or light main course.
Find exactly what you want. We sell 200 kinds of fish - way more than anyone else.SHOP NEW IN