- 190g/7 oz scampi
- ¼ pint white wine
- ¼ pint fish stock
- 25g/1 oz plain flour
- 25g/1 oz butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp double cream
- small glass of sherry or cognac
- Poach scampi in wine and stock for 10 minutes, the mixture should be simmering, not boiling. Season. Strain and reserve stock. Keep scampi warm.
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour and cook for one minute. Remove from heat and gradually stir in the stock.
- Stir over gentle heat until it begins to thicken. Add remaining ingredients and stir for one minute.
- Pour over the scampi, garnish with paprika and serve.