Prime thick mid-fillet portions matched for weight and shape. From large undyed fillets of smoked haddock produced in the legendary listed smokehouses of Alfred Enderby Ltd. They have Protected Geographical Designation and take it from us - they are the bees’ knees. They control the sourcing, preparation and smoking process to make sure their smoked haddock maintains the award-winning standard each and every batch. They source the haddock from the Grimsby fish market, fillet it in house, cure the fillets in salt water and then smoke the haddock fillets.
- Award-winning Grimsby smoked haddock
- Undyed - beautiful natural straw-colour
- 2 fillet steaks per pack
- Produced from XL haddock fillets
- Looking for whole fillets of undyed smoked haddock?
Featured customer reviews
- "Smoked haddock is delicious! Cooked in milk with butter and a little salt and pepper, it tastes exactly the way I remember when I was a kid in Scotland."
- "Had these last night, really nice and a good size. Thank you."
- "Very fresh and tasty - large enough for one between two for elderly appetites - my grandfather was a fish wholesaler in Brixham in the 1930s and my mother knew only fresh fish - she would never buy fish from the fishmonger when we lived in Ealing - she said the fish looked dead - it was of course but certainly did not look fresh from the sea - Fish Society fish does and I know my late mother would approve !! "
All smoked fish contains added salt. Does not contain dye.
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|
Smoked Haddock in Cheese Sauce
Source: marco recipes