Classic Mediterranean grilled prawns
This recipe is for prawns in their shells. You'll need about 300g per person and:
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- A lemon
- Thoroughly defrost your prawns. Using kitchen scissors and starting just behind the head, snip along top of tails, reaching a quarter inch into the flesh. Remove 'vein' and any gunk just behind the head. Rinse well.
- Dry them, then rub oil all over.
- Press the prawns into a sprinkling of salt. Make sure the salt adheres, especially into the snip (but don't over do it).
- The grill or BBQ should be very hot. Put the prawns on or under the heat. Cook for about 5 minutes, turning after 3.
- Serve with lemon quarters and a salad. Diners should apply the lemon after peeling the prawns.