Halibut with red onions
The red of the onions contrasts beautifully with the golden halibut fillets
- 2 fillets of halibut, skinned
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 50ml/2 fl oz red wine
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- large knob of butter
- a little melted butter
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- sprigs of tarragon to garnish
- Pat the halibut dry, season with salt & pepper, set aside.
- Place the onions and red wine in a saucepan and season lightly. Cover and simmer gently until soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in the orange zest and honey, keep warm.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan, sauté the halibut for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Arrange the onion sauce on warmed plates, place the fish fillets on top and brush them with the melted butter. Garnish with tarragon sprigs and serve immediately.