- Cook from frozen, oven bake
- 12 snails; arrive in a oven ready tray
- Full of flavour
- Great for entertaining
Escargots / snails in their shells stuffed with garlic butter, ready to be popped straight into the oven on the foil tray on which they arrive. Snails are packed on trays of 12. Brits usually work on six snails per serving, but Alors, mes amis! - in France any less than a douzaine is unthinkable. Whilst these aren't seafood, they have gone down very well in our range for many years.
Featured customer reviews
- "Really good, meaty, and of course garlicky! Have sampled both the standard and large size packs of 12 and it really comes down to overall price. In my opinion taste and texture are equal in either size, but obviously the slightly larger escargots provide more meat. After mopping up that lovely garlic butter with bread rolls (or whatever!) you'll feel you've had a meal alright! If it's just a tasty starter, then the smaller snails are ideal. "
- "These are truly excellent, the large size packs or 12 are a meal in themselves, they are simple and quick to cook and excellent eating. Strongly recommended!"
- "The snails were perfect, like at home (I'm French). They came in little platters so there was really nothing to do but ensuring they were all straight and placing them in the oven. The packaging came with clear and simple cooking instructions. A delicious treat I would not hesitate to order again."
Helix lucorum escargot meat (mollusc) 50%, butter (milk) 38%, parsley 6,1%, garlic 3,5%, shallot, salt, spices and aromatic herbs (contains celery)
*We use Royal Mail Special Delivery, which costs £26.60.
|2nd class|| |
2-4 day delivery
|1st class|| |
1-2 day delivery
We are not currently shipping internationally.
|Frozen||Stored frozen at -22C|
|Chilled||Stored at 2-5C|
|Ambient||Stored at room temperature|
|The area where the fish was caught or farmed|
|Wild or Farmed|
|Wild||Fish that are caught from their natural habitat|
|Organic||Organically farmed and certified by the soil association|
|Farmed||Fish that have been bred on a commercial fish farm|
|Raw||This product has not been cooked in any way|
|Cooked||This product has been cooked, and is ready to eat|
|Cured||This product has been smoked or otherwise preserved|
|Reheat||This product has been prepared and only needs to be heated up to eat.|
|Hand pole & line||Caught using the traditional fishing rod and line|
|Longline||Caught using a long line that has baited hooks and floats attached along its length|
|Dived||Hand caught using divers|
|Foraged||Caught by foraging along the beach|
|Pots & Traps||Caught using stationary pots or traps that are placed along the ocean floor.|
|Dredges||Caught using a net with a heavy steel frame that is dragged along the ocean floor.|
|Gill netting||Caught using a curtain of netting that hangs in the water using floats. Usually does not touch the ocean floor.|
|Seine net||Caught using a ring of netting in the open ocean with floats at the top and pinched at the bottom.|
|Trawled||Caught using a large fishing net dragged behind a fishing boat|
|Netted||Caught using any of the types of netting|